FREE event at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 2, at AAI.
AAI has it going on – classes, workshops, receptions, even an art gala.
Call 806-354-8802 to reserve your $75 ticket for the 2009 Gala of the Arts at 7 p.m. Sept. 26. Includes a reception, dinner, dancing and an art auction.
MIKE MAHON Demonstration and Reception 6:30 p.m. Sept. 2 (FREE). Openings are available in his Painting Process Workshop – Sept. 3-5 ($250)
NEW CLASSES FOR FALL:
- Mixed Media Mania (ages 6-14) meets from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Introduction to Cartooning (ages 10-15) meets from 5:3p to 7 p.m. Wednesdays
- Art History Lectures Series (ages 18 & up) meets 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays
- Introduction to Drawing (ages 16 & up) meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays
- Boosting Creativity (ages 15 & up) meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Check out classes & workshops on the home page for the full listing.
The Galleries at Sunset, the Panhandle Art Center and the Amarillo Art Institute invite you to join us for a fun evening filled with great art, good conversation and free refreshments.
Fall classes will begin September 14. Check out the rest of our blog/calendar to find out which classes will be available.
The Amarillo Art Institute invites you to enjoy an evening of visual and taste pleasures beginning at 7 p.m. in the Sunset Sculpture Garden. Experience the sculptures, the garden, ponds and waterfalls while savoring bite-size hors oeuvre and punch. Linger in the garden, mingle among the art galleries and visit AAI. Finally gather in the Sunset Center Special Events Room where you will be surrounded by the art works of AAI students, former students and artist instructors. Golden Apple Catering will tantalize and satisfy your taste buds with fine dining. A live art auction will add an artistic flavor to the event. Your winning bids will assist AAI in growing and strengthening its mission to become a premier art school.