Date: Feb 17 – March 31, 2015 Tuesdays
Watercolor, how to control the unpredictable! At all skill levels, we want to choose how the paint will flow. Whether a beginner or experienced painter, this class will teach you how to improve the outcome of your paintings in transparent watercolor. We will review and learn the basic ways to paint with watercolor.
- Learn to paint a flat wash and a graded wash.
- Learn value scale.
- Painting wet in wet and dry in wet.
- Simple and complex still life.
- Learn or revue the color wheel.
- Complementary colors, analogous colors, monochromatic colors and color triads.
- Composition, what makes it interesting.
- Painting atmosphere in landscapes.
Watercolor Class with Janette Dickerson:
Cadmium Lemon Yellow
Any other colors you may have.
140 lb Arches Cold Press Water Color Paper, either in tablet or sheets
Kleenex or soft paper towel roll
Board to place paper on.
1 inch flat brushes
4, 8, 12 round brushes of good quality synthetic sable or sable.
Any other brushes.
Pink pearl eraser
An old toothbrush.