Wednesdays 1:00-3:30 pm
Starting July 15th – August 12th (5 weeks)
Watercolor, how to control the unpredictable! At all skill levels, we want to choose how the paint will flow. Whether a beginner or experienced painter, this class will teach you how to improve the outcome of your paintings in transparent watercolor. We will review and learn the basic ways to paint with watercolor.
- Learn to paint a flat wash and a graded wash.
- Learn value scale.
- Painting wet in wet and dry in wet.
- Simple and complex still life.
- Learn or revue the color wheel.
- Complementary colors, analogous colors, monochromatic colors and color triads.
- Composition, what makes it interesting.
- Painting atmosphere in landscapes.
- Cadmium Lemon Yellow
- Viridian Green
- Sap Green
- Ultramarine blue
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cobalt Blue
- Burnt Sienna
- 140 lb Arches Cold Press Water Color Paper, either in tablet or sheets
- Spray bottle
- Kleenex or soft paper towel roll
- Masking tape
- Board to place paper on.
- 1 inch flat brushes
- 4, 8, 12 round brushes of good quality synthetic sable or sable
- Any other brushes
- Water container
- HB pencil
- Pink pearl eraser
- An old toothbrush.